Saturday, August 12, 2006

Apres Moi

I could genuinely write Regina Spektor a four page letter
telling her the amazing ways in which her music has saved my life.

Not an inch of the page would be blank,
and my words would begin to curl around the pages.

I would remind her of the one time we spoke before
face to face
and I told her that her music kisses my ears,
and she told me my eyes were the ocean.

I think I am going to put it in the post today if I can.


"I must go on standing
You can't break that which isn't yours

I, must go on standing

I'm not my own, it's not my choice
"


3 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

These are lovely words

told her that her music kisses my ears,
and she told me my eyes were the ocean.

Keep up the beautiful writing,Ischelle.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

What a beautiful post, Iscelle.
You write your prose like poetry.
Intense but sensitive!
warm regards

9:35 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Ischelle,
Just wanted to say once more I really appreciated your kind words to me yesterday. I am adding you to my links.

"I miss dancing in France..."
(every beautiful line you write startles the senses to romanticism.)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home